As a real estate consultant/educator and a broker selling and renting high-end condos in Chicago’s gold coast, it is interesting how many buyers change brokers during the process of buying or selling a home. NAR statistics report that in 11% of the luxury listings, buyers have changed agents during the property purchase. So when taking a listing and marketing the property successfully follows some simple rules:
1. Focus on the best assets the property has to offer in all of your marketing for your prospective buyers. If a property has great views, make sure to present that in all your marketing.
2. Identity what would be a deal breaker in your property for some buyers, and eliminate those buyers upfront—-this can save time and money for everyone involved. To do this, you must look at the objections some buyers may have to the property upfront. For example, homes with formal dining rooms may not be appeal to buyers who are looking for an open floor plan.
3. Try to incorporate any negatives into marketing plan instead of shying away from the issues. For example, if a listing of a home has no yard, maybe it is perfect for buyers who perhaps do not want to take care of a large yard, and it is located near a beautiful park.
5. Stage a property to show its’ best assets. For example, if a large home is cluttered with furniture, it may be difficult for many buyers to visualize it. So perhaps you should suggest to your seller that they remove some of the items. Or if a home has a large yard, but the grass has many weeds, perhaps you suggest to the buyer that they should landscape the property so that buyers can really see how large and beautiful the land is.
6. Make all your words in your advertising count, and do not be repetitious.
7. In addition to the MLS to manage your listing information, you can use the enhanced features of Realtor.com to provide more detail on your listings.
THE CARLYLE – THE FINEST LUXURY BUILDING – CONDOS FOR SALE IN CHICAGO’S GOLD COAST
Situated at 1040 N. Lake Shore Drive, this luxury development is located in the prestigious Gold Coast neighborhood. Condos offer would-be homeowners the perfect spot to settle down in comfort while enjoying the conveniences of urban living. This exquisite residential high-rise was constructed in the mid-1960s, but it still retains its elegance and charm and is currently managed by Draper & Kramer Management Company. The building is located just across the street from the lakefront and Oak Street beach, and at 40 floors, residents of the Carlyle have some of the best lake views and city that can be found in Chicago.
• Highest Security Building – Not Attached to Hotel or Commercial Space
• Large Ballroom with Piano and adjoining equipped with a large caterer’s kitchen
• Indoor swimming pool
• State-of-the ART- Exercise facilities
• Two Rooftop decks
• Valet parking
• 24 hour doorman
Large staff to accommodate and care for residents Included Equipment:
• TV-Cable, Security System, Intercom
• Built Before 1978:
• Disability Access: 2+ Access Exits J, 36 inch or more wide halls, Ramp – Main Level
• Disability Access: Yes
• Units in Building 140
• No Pets Allowed:
The Carlyle is located on Lake Shore Drive between Cedar and Bellevue. It currently has a Walk Score of 97 and a Transit Score of 88. It’s less than 1/2 a mile from the Red Line at Division & Clark. Close Proximity to Shopping on Michigan Avenue and Oak Street and nearby tree lined streets. It currently has a Walk Score of 97 and a Transit Score of 88. It’s less than 1/2 a mile from the Red Line at Division & Clark. See its interactive Walk Score Map below.
This 40 story building with 130 condos was built in 1964. A and B units are accessed via the south elevators. C and D units are accessed via the north elevators. The top floor includes an indoor pool and new exercise room. There’s also huge party room with a large kitchen that can accommodate large events. On-site parking is leased with valet service provided. There is 3 door staff from 6 am to 11 pm. The staff will bring all groceries and other packages to your unit.
This is a no pet building. Utilities included in the monthly assessment include cable TV and water.
ALL CONDOS FOR SALE AT 1040 N LAKE SHORE DRIVE, CHICAGO, IL 60611; THE CARLYLE – CHECK BACK FOR NEW LISTINGS
Agent’s Summary My listing: MLS# 07953663
Exceptionally renovated, high-floor, two plus bedrooms, 3.5 baths at the Carlyle, Spectacular lake front and city views with floor to ceiling windows. Apartment is one of the largest two bedrooms at the Carlyle, with bonus rooms of gallery, office/dressing room, and sauna. Condo offers a unique opportunity to be purchased and consolidated with apartment 34B, create over 5000 sq. ft. apartment See details of flyer below or Schedule Listing Provided by Margot Weinstein–Metropolitan Real Estate Group Inc., Call: 1-312-664-4849 or email@example.com.
Listing 1 – #07953663
2 bed, 3 bath/1 half, 2800sf
1040 North Lake Shore Drive Unit 34c
Listing by Broker Reciprocity Additional Condos for Sale at Carlyle Currently on the Market
Currently Available Units
Unit #19a, 3 bedroom, 4.1 bath, $1,975000
Unit #17c, 2 bedroom 3.1 bath, 1,349000
Unit #16b,1 bedroom, 2.1 bath, $889,000
Unit #10c,3 bedroom, 3.1bath at $ 1,599000
Unit #34b, 1 bedroom, 2.1 bath $1,295000
Unit #19c,2 bedroom,3.1 bath, $1,350000
Unit #18a,3 bedroom,4.1 bath, $1,890000
THE GOLD COAST NEIGHBORHOOD
One of Chicago’s most affluent neighborhoods, the Gold Coast is a mix of grand 19th century mansions, luxury high-rise condominiums and renovated gray and brownstone walkups. The neighborhood connects both old and new seamlessly together to afford residents with both wealth and status. Shaded avenues, landscaped walkways and prim wrought-iron fences add to the neighborhood’s refined appeal. A stroll among the massive stone structures that once housed many of Chicago’s wealthiest and most influential families is breathtaking. In fact, Gold Coast neighborhood architecture and history is celebrated by annual walking tours sponsored by various architectural foundations. Walk sore of 97. Map: less than two blocks away